Sunday, May 13, 2012

at this point I should just start writing about the majesty of mountains and the clouds that hold them...

My relationship with my mother is indescribable. Trying to tell you how I feel about her is like trying to describe to someone this awesome dream you had, and you start talking and realize you are failing miserably and that there is no way anyone will ever be able to share this experience with you, not exactly how you feel it, anyway. She is beautiful and I am still in awe of her, her humility, her kindness, wisdom, and strength.

Likewise, I am in awe of my own daughter, who will turn 3 this June, my favorite month. Evelyn is bright, creative, funny, sensitive, inquisitive, and so loving. Between her and my mother, I have some incredible role models. I hope I can return to them at least some of what they've given me.

To celebrate Mother's Day, I  thought I'd share some of my favorite mother/child photographs that I've taken over the past year. Enjoy!













Here is me and my girl:



And me and my mom, circa 1990:


may lovely days lie ahead...

find me on facebook & pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment