Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{eco-friendly photography packaging} {central minnesota photographer}

I'm so excited to introduce to you my new eco-friendly packaging. It took quite a bit of online research, but I think I've finally found the photography packaging that's right for my business. Read on for a breakdown of the specifics. 


The boxes are high quality yet made from 95% recycled material. I bought them in bulk from an Oregon-based company whose shipping is carbon neutral.


To wrap the boxes I decided to use jute (on the left) and hemp, both natural, highly sustainable, biodegradable, and very easy to grow without the use of pesticides and fertilizer. The jute I purchased along with the boxes and the hemp I already had.


As a final touch, I'm using my business cards as package tags. My business cards are 100% recycled post-consumer material, chlorine-free, acid-free, and made using wind-power.


All of these natural materials are not only better for the earth, but they also reflect my photography style -- natural, organic, simple yet beautiful with a personal touch. I approach each photography session as an opportunity to create, to make art, to connect with other people and make them happy, and I want my packaging to reflect that, to reflect what's inside.

Plus, I owe it to nature for providing me with the beautiful backdrops for so many of my photos...


"Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty."--John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment