Saturday, August 20, 2011

my first wedding {the preparation}

Yes, today I am photographing my first wedding [insert anxious/nervous/excited bubbly shriek here]. Never was I expecting to do a wedding this soon -But, a cousin of my boyfriend's sister-in law (I know that sounds complicated. It's not), saw some engagement-style photos I did of said sister-in-law and her husband, and she really liked them and was wondering if I would photograph her wedding just two weeks away. Of course I would!

I'll be leaving the house in two hours and so far the weather is working wonderfully for this intimate outdoor event - 75 and mostly sunny. The wedding is at the couple's home, so I'm anxious to see the location, see where the light is coming from, the best locations to shoot.....usually I know the location where I'm going to shoot, so this is a day of newness in many ways, and I could be freaking out for a multitude of reasons, but I'm not. I just have to know that I need the following:

1. Coffee. Lot's of it (I need this all the time, actually).
2. Charged battery
3. Clear memory cards (I have 24 available GB, think that's enough? ha)
4. Creative Instinct (I have this. I need to trust it)
5. Confidence - Although I'm a total amateur when it comes to photographing weddings, and I could have severe anxiety about this, I'm not a total amateur with photography (I wouldn't call myself a top professional but I know how to make a good picture, and I teach myself more and more everyday); I'm not a total amateur when it comes to finding beautiful moments, beautiful light, and beautiful angles. And this is what I have to remember.

Some of the photos that snagged me this wedding:








One of the tracks inspiring me this morning: "The Weather" by Built to Spill"

No comments:

Post a Comment